A-Insights is the fastest growing company and market intelligence platform in the market. Trusted and loved by some of the world's largest companies (Bayer, McCain, Ahold, Royal Friesland Campina), we combine worldwide publicly available company and market data with the latest domain & tech expertise.
Our goal is to set the international standard for objective company performance insights based on publicly available data, with a focus on the global Food&Agriculture Value Chain. Making impact on the world's total food supply by clearing unbiased decisions in rather conservative board rooms. And our journey is just getting started!
We made a pivot in 2020 by transforming our consultancy business to a true Saas-product, attracted our first investors to get things going and are now growing @ 60% YoY. And that Determined to reach 10 Mio ARR before 2025. We are building a team of passionate and talented people who are eager to contribute to this growth and help us write our story.
What will you be doing?
As data engineer you are responsible for monitoring, improving and solving critical problems in our data platform. You will also help us to further develop our platform by creating access to more sources of data and you are responsible for the flow of data from and through our central platform.
The stack you’ll be mainly working with are Python and the services of Microsoft Azure (Logic Apps, Functions, Containers & Docker etc.). Next to the technical challenges you will also be responsible for managing, training and mentoring our growing team of engineers.
In order to create clear expectations and deadlines we work according to a two weekly agile sprint.
You will have the opportunity to directly build you own solutions (such as: Web Scrapers, Internal Functions, API’s and CD/CI pipelines) while ensuring the scalability. It is your second nature to constantly look for new ways to create more efficient data processing solutions. Working at A INSIGHTS means working in an environment with a lot of freedom and where we stimulate being creative and taking initiative.
Your main responsibilities will be
- Develop and maintain the different data pipelines and web scrapers
- Ensure data quality and accuracy to support building metrics and reports for both our internal users and customers
- Deploy and monitor data services as well as CI/CD workflows on top of our Azure infrastructure
- Improve our A-INSIGHTS platform is reliable, scalable and future proof
- Continuous improve and grow as A-INSIGHTS's Product Development Team, including mentoring our junior data engineers
- Follow data engineering best practices for design, architecture and testing
What you will bring
- You have experience with Python and love to learn some more
- Experience building & monitoring data pipelines on top of cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, etc., Azure is a plus)
- Sound foundations of relational databases. SQL Server is a plus
- Hands on experience with Docker
- Demonstrable experience with Git
- Knowledge of data transformation (dbt is a plus), data model design and query optimization strategies
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
If you have gained any experience with the following or would like to learn this, that is a bonus:
- Server less
- Azure Logic Apps
- Micro services
- Agile way of working
- Azure Containers
What you will get:
- International team of 50+ people and an inclusive culture
- A team with core values in challenge, ambition and intelligence
- A flat company structure with an entrepreneurial environment with lots of autonomy and trust
- Lot's of events with each other - Such as Wine tasting, Curling, Potluck diners and Winter sports
- Environment that supports both personal and collective learning
- A chance to see your work make a real difference in the core of the strategy executions of the largest food&agriculture companies of the planet.
- A great working place
- Hybrid work rhythm: 2-3 days working from home
Thank you for considering this opportunity. We are excited to meet talented candidates who are passionate about our company and the role. We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about your experience and qualifications.